- September 22, 2015 at 8:42 pm #86152Donn HewesKeymaster
As I was preparing to head for Cummington tomorrow I noticed a column of smoke rising a few miles away. After 30 years in the Fire department I knew instantly that building was on fire. Unfortunately it was one of my Amish neighbors barns. Fire spread rapidly from one end of a large equipment shed to the opposite end of a historic dairy barn. No one was hurt and no animals were hurt. That is the only good news. Perhaps I will put out a can for donations at the Field Days.
As Jake is one of the main barn builders in this community, I believe there will be a barn raising before long. It is a sad reminder of all that is dear to us. Safe travels everyone.September 24, 2015 at 11:48 am #86159HennessyParticipant
That’s so sad. Please do put the can out. Happy to pitch in.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.