Draft Animal Power – Draft animals and sustainable land stewardship › Forums › The Front Porch › Draft Animal Power Network › Draft Animal Power Front Office › How to use this discussion list. › Participating in Discussions at DAP.com
- January 13, 2008 at 2:24 am #39390
Welcome to DAP.com, we are very pleased that you have come to our discussion list. Let me give you a brief overview of the procedures for joining and participating.
1. You can view any part of this site without registering, but it does not cost anything to join, and then you are able to contribute to any discussion you wish. To register simply follow the instructions. Feel free not to fill in all the personal details, they are not required.
At the top of the home page there is a green strip with heading titles in it. To enter different aspects of the forum, simple click on these titles. There is Calendar listed there. By entering Calendar you can create your own event listing, or simply see what others have listed.
Also listed in the green strip is Photo Gallery. Clicking on Photo Gallery will deliver you to pages where you can see photos of draft animal and related items. Please feel free to post your own photos. Photos should be resized to 150-500KB for successful posting.
2. To view discussions simply scroll down the home page and click on a forum that interests you. Inside each forum there will be threads. Threads are discussions that typically follow a topic associated with the title. Please feel free to start your own thread by clicking on the “Post New Thread” button.
Inside Threads there are posts that are individual contributions to the discussion. As you scroll down, you will encounter new posts in the order that they were posted. Please feel free to add your own post by clicking on the “Post Reply” button.
3. When you have clicked to post something new, you will receive a dialog box. This is a lot like a word program, with some basic editing capabilities. I hope that you are not alarmed or uncomfortable because of the small screen, or unfamiliar Icons, etc.. Please know that everyone who has contributed here has had to get used to the idiosyncrasies of this medium.
4. Pretty much every option you may choose can be canceled if you make a mistake. Once you are finished just click the “submit” button at the bottom of the box. You may find that you have been logged out while you were typing. Don’t worry, just click the “log in” button and your post will be accepted after the site logs you back in.
5. At the top of the page there are several headings that will lead you to different parts of the site, as well as give you other options. Please feel free to explore all of these. Any time you get into a strange place, and don’t know what to do, you can always click the back arrow (upper Left), which will take you back one page, or you can also click on a page heading as they appear in the header line, or you may find at the very bottom of the page (scroll down) options that can deliver you to the home page, etc.
6. Please visit and use the calendar, and photo gallery as well, they are open to any member to add to. Also feel free to contribute to the Buy/Sell forums at the bottom of the home page.
7. Most of all, use this site to meet your interests. Please feel to contact me by private message, by clicking on “Private Messages” (by your name and log in info), or by going to my Profile on the members list, and click on send me a private message, or by replying to me directly in a thread.
Thank You and have fun, CarlMarch 18, 2008 at 11:37 pm #45280
It’s great that George and Melissa enjoy the site, I just wanted to make sure this thread is on top at this category. CarlMarch 20, 2008 at 10:35 pm #45281
Just trying out the sticky.June 8, 2008 at 5:46 am #45282pqrs460Participant
Ricordati che per dare il nome alla gilda non devi usare parole offensive o razziste, altrimenti la tua gilda verr
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.