Draft Animal Power – Draft animals and sustainable land stewardship Forum Community of Interest Events Cultivation Demonstrations at Stephen Leslie's Market Garden

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  near horse 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts |

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    July 12th DAPNet and Stephen Leslie of Cedar Mt. Farm are teaming up to present a day of cultivation with draft animals. The day will include demonstrations and talk from experienced teamsters/growers, social time, a group dinner, and discussion panel later.

Information and registration can be found in the pictures attached. I hope to see you there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Please spread the word to anyone who you think might like to attend.

Kevin Cunningham
    Participant

Wish I could go, someday I am going to make it to a DAP event I swear it.

dominiquer60

Is the workshop filling up, do we need to spread the word more?
    Erika

LongViewFarm
    Participant

Yesterday was an awesome day of demonstration about how horses fit into the management of a working market garden. Stephen’s an expert presenter, and it’s obvious he enjoys sharing his craft. That passion and knowledge, plus a lot of legwork from our administrator Karen made for a great event. Everyone was very satisfied.

If you couldn’t be there in person, here is a link to a photo album of pictures I took. It wil be updated as more pictures become available. Enjoy:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105698516290297204484/albums/6035612076936635825?authkey=CIab76ScldrUCg

Ed Thayer
    Participant

Great work by you all. Glad you had nice weather and a good turnout.

ED

LongViewFarm
    Participant

I uploaded the rest of the pictures today, and hope to do something with the video clips on the next rainy day.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jelmer
    Participant

Thanks for sharing the pictures, its great impression.

near horse
    Participant

Just wanted to note that I saw Stephen Leslie on TV tonight (PBS – Victory Garden edible Feast). Well done!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you are logged in then you do not have the correct membership level. Please go here to upgrade your membership!