This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Low 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts |

Michael Low
    Participant

Turk and Rye are purebred Dexter steers, 2 yrs old, within 2 months of each other. They weigh about 600lbs a piece and are matched in height. They have been handled daily, leading into and out of tie stalls where they spend the night. Can be led by collar or halter. I was raising them to replace a team of Devons but have since come to realize they will not be big enough to handle the work I do with my big team. Dexters mature to around 1000lbs though we did have a bull get to 1,200lbs once. I have not yoked them but have laid down the ground rules- respect my space, watch those horns, lead calmly and don’t act like idiots. They step over well, back up and respond well to gentle pressure. Last summer I could walk up into the pasture and halter them with no troubles every day. They are nice animals- handled well and fed well. Organic hay, no grain and free choice minerals ( kelp, Redmond salt, and Pat Coleby’s blend). $2,000 for the pair.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you are logged in then you do not have the correct membership level. Please go here to upgrade your membership!