This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rivendell Farm 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts |

Jelmer
    Participant

Following up on your question Donn, here is more information on the Mc Cormick mower D-10.

From what I know this is the last Mc-Cormick horse mower model made. They had their first European factory in 1905 in Zweden. Later Britain, France and Germany followed.

For as far as I looked, I found one mower manual for the D-10 which dated back to 1952. The same frame was used with shafts or a metal hallow tongue. There was a big demand for a single horse mower for the smaller farms.

The PDF file with this post is upside, you can change that when open. Though I could not safe it like that.
    Can´t change the German text neither, though the images give a good look on the mower 🙂

I have a few pictures more of unrestored mowers from a friend of mine that I will add later on.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Jelmer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jelmer
    Participant

Old D-10 Mower

Attachments:

Jelmer
    Participant

One more

Attachments:

Rivendell Farm
    Participant

Great pictures. Not so great the upside down German. I wouldn’t mind having a mower like that one. It would be interesting to see what’s inside the gearboxes. Is that a differential in the center of the axle? Bob

Jelmer
    Participant

Bob,

I changed the upside down file, see the new attached PDF.

And added a D-10 Manual as a PDF. Can´t change the language though.

Yes it is a differential in the center of the axle. It looks to me comparable to a tractor differential.
    Where the #9 has the pawls and springs mechanism in the wheel hubs, the D-10 has it in a “differential block”.

I might have an oppertunity to peek in the gearboxes.

Jelmer.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Jelmer.
    Attachments:

Rivendell Farm
    Participant

Thanks Jelmer. Now I see how it works. Bob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you are logged in then you do not have the correct membership level. Please go here to upgrade your membership!