Welcome to the Draft Animal-Power Network
Advancing the practical application
of draft animal-power…
Hartland, VT July 9th, 2016
This is a workshop on how to create a cropping and cultivation systems on a horse powered farm, with demonstrations, consultation, and the opportunity for hand on practice. We’ll demonstrate the New 4 McCormick-Deering cultivator—which includes using the tool to mark rows, plant, hill, and cultivate. We can also say that various strategies for organic weed control will be discussed and single horse cultivation with a walk-behind cultivator will be demonstrated. $35 for the full demo-day and $35 extra for hands-on practice with a teamster. Facilitator: Stephen Leslie
Would you like to receive the Monthly DAPNet News by email?
Sign-up using the form on the right!
The Draft Animal-Power Network is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, please support our work by donating or becoming a member!
- DAPNet Online Forum: An international forum that provides connections, help and support for and from others who use draft animals in their daily lives.
- Draft Animal-Power Annual Gathering: Mark your calendars! October 8&9, 2016 in Charlestown NH
- Draft-Animal Power Field Days: Fall 2017 workshops and presentations (location TBA) will cover a wide variety of topics relating to oxen, mules and horses, their care, training and use. A track on Animal-Powered Market Gardening will be of great benefit to those seeking to expand their skills in organic production. A vast array of topics will offer plenty of inspiration for novices and experienced teamsters alike.
- Twice Yearly Newsletter: Photos, unique articles, and a calendar of upcoming events fill the pages of our biannual, printed or e-newsletter. A significant portion of our membership are not online and they value this resource that connects them with the organization.
- Regional Educational Events: These events cover a wide variety of topics in various formats and are offered across the northeastern US. Past events include Logging Workshops, Plow Clinics and Driving Basics classes.
The goal of the Draft Animal-Power Network is to provide year-round educational and networking opportunities, highlighting ongoing efforts of people throughout the region who are educating, mentoring and building community around animal-power and renewable land use.
Advancing the use of draft animals and promoting sustainable land stewardship to build community through education and networking.
Thanks for your interest, have a look around, and welcome to DAPNet!
DAPNet 271 Plank Rd., Vergennes, VT05491-9678
Phone: 802-763-0771 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org