Join us April 25th, 2015 for our DAPNet Plowing Clinic with Sam Rich. Register by April 1st, find more information HERE.
Proceeds from this event will go to the upcoming DAPNet Field Days
2015 Fundraiser at the Field Days: Foal Raffle
Would you pay $3 for a registered Suffolk Punch foal? Well, okay, let’s rephrase that… Would you pay $3 for a chance to win a registered Suffolk Punch foal? Get your tickets now! DAPNet’s 2015 fundraiser is in full swing and we invite you to join us. John Hammond and North Star Livery are donating a 2015 foal for the raffle, which will be held at the DAPField Days in September.
Once the foal is weaned it will go to Neal & Rebekah Perry for a few weeks of handling and baby training, then it will be at the Field Days to meet it’s new owner! The winner need not be present to win, but we hope you will be there to meet the foal and enjoy the event!
For more details visit the website: www.draftanimalpower.org Tickets will be available at DAPNet events throughout the season or purchase tickets when you renew your membership with the enclosed renewal form. Get a single ticket for $3.00 or 5 tickets for $10
The 2015 Field Days Indiegogo Campaign was a great success!
THANK YOU to everyone who donated to DAPNet
Your Donation is helping to make the 2015 Field Days possible!
We’re working on getting together the perks now; if you haven’t heard from us yet, you will soon!
The Draft Animal Power Network is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, please support our work!
Welcome to the Draft Animal-Power Network
Advancing the practical application
of draft animal-power…
Note for members, see below*
- DAPNet Online Forum: An international forum that provides connections, help and support for and from others who use draft animals in their daily lives.
- Draft Animal Power Annual Gathering: September 24-27th, 2015 at the Cummington Fairgrounds in Cummington, MA. Mark your calendars!
- Draft Animal Power Field Days: September 24-27th, 2015 at the Cummington Fairgrounds in Cummington Ma. Workshops and presentations will cover a wide variety of topics relating to oxen, mules and horses, their care, training and use. A track on Animal-Powered Market Gardening will be of great benefit to those seeking to expand their skills in organic production. A vast array of topics will offer plenty of inspiration for novices and experienced teamsters alike.
- Our free eNewsletter contains information about upcoming events of interest and important information for members. Sign up here!
- Twice Yearly : Tips & tidbits from the online forum as well as unique articles, a calendar of upcoming events and classified ads fill the pages of our quarterly newsletter. A significant portion of our membership are not online and they value this resource that connects them with the organization.
- Regional Educational Events: These events cover a wide variety of topics in various formats and are offered across the northeastern US. Past events include Logging Workshops, Plow Clinics and Driving Basics classes.
The goal of the Draft Animal-Power Network is to provide year-round educational and networking opportunities, highlighting ongoing efforts of people throughout the region who are educating, mentoring and building community around animal-power and renewable land use.
Our mission: Advancing the use of draft animals and promoting sustainable land stewardship to build community through education and networking.
Thanks for your interest, have a look around, and welcome to DAPNet!
DAPNet Address: 271 Plank Rd., Vergnesses, VT 05491-9678 Phone: 802-763-0771 Email: email@example.com
*Note for members: If you have paid your dues and you are being prompted to pay again, don’t worry! We won’t disable you and we won’t require you to pay again. If you want to pay and can’t afford $20, hang in there! The option to pay what you can will return, these things take a bit of time to work out and we won’t disable you in the meantime. Over the next few weeks I’ll be updating members accounts so you won’t see the reminder. In the meantime when the notice comes up just click the X and enjoy your visit to the forum.
Thanks for your support and your patience,