Welcome to the Draft Animal-Power Network!
The tech team has moved the DAP Website to new servers. Performance should be improved. If you encounter any errors please let us know by posting in the Bugs section of the forum. Thank you!
The goal of the Draft Animal-Power Network is to provide year-round educational and networking opportunities, highlighting ongoing efforts of people throughout the region who are educating, mentoring and building community around animal-power and renewable land use.
Our mission: Advancing the use of draft animals and promoting sustainable land stewardship to build community through education and networking.
Sign-up using the form on the right to receive the Monthly DAPNet News!
Visit our Blog for all the latest News, Events and Updates!
- DAPNet Online Forum: An international forum that provides connections, help and support for and from others who use draft animals in their daily lives.
- Draft Animal-Power Annual Gathering: Mark your calendars! October 8&9, 2016 in Charlestown NH
- Draft-Animal Power Field Days: Fall 2017 workshops and presentations (location TBA) will cover a wide variety of topics relating to oxen, mules and horses, their care, training and use. A track on Animal-Powered Market Gardening will be of great benefit to those seeking to expand their skills in organic production. A vast array of topics will offer plenty of inspiration for novices and experienced teamsters alike.
- Twice Yearly Newsletter: Photos, unique articles, and a calendar of upcoming events fill the pages of our biannual, printed or e-newsletter. A significant portion of our membership are not online and they value this resource that connects them with the organization.
- Regional Educational Events: These events cover a wide variety of topics in various formats and are offered across the northeastern US. Past events include Logging Workshops, Plow Clinics and Driving Basics classes.
If you are an Amazon.com shopper, Please consider selecting DAPNet through the AmazonSmile program when you check out. AmazonSmile will donate a percentage of every sale to support DAPNet 501(c)3.
The Draft Animal-Power Network is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, please support our work by donating or becoming a member!
271 Plank Rd, Vergennes, VT 05491-9678 802-763-0771 firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some pictures from the 2016 Annual Gathering. More on Facebook.